- There’s an ex you’ve been holding on to for 3-4 years. You’re not completely attracted to, you know he did you a tad bit dirty but, for some temporary testosterone, you’ll hit an occasional movie and let him make a move or two on the low.
- Dating the same lame guy for several weeks, you notice he has traits you can’t quite ignore or get over. After dropping him, you find yourself reuniting and putting up with nose picking/boring conversation/ too loud gangster rap music in lieu of cuffing season
- You’re contact listing has the phone number from the guy you met at the Publix/Pathmark last summer that never called… He might remember how great your meatloaf recipe was
- You find yourself adding an ex or former date on social networks (instagram, facebook, twitter) to let them see what they may be missing or “He’s still single, I may have a chance”
- The Black Swan bar on Bedford was his as much as YOUR favorite spot on date night… There’s nothing wrong with making an appearance… you just make sure your outfit is right in case he or or one of his friends show up
- You give the not-so-tall-or-cute guy at the club your number hoping your standards may be too high, “He might be different than the others”
- At least 5 men in your neighborhood/at work/at church have your number in the spirit of keeping your options open
- You have wandering eyes. After getting off the train from work, you’re constantly looking around and overly aware. You find yourself locking eyes mostly with men and at least 4 per block radius.
What are some extra signs you know of that display trouble being single?
|Gorgeous window by H&M Columbus Circle Visual Team|
“At your previous job, how did you take the lead in a difficult situation?”
“Explain a moment where your co-worker challenged your direction”
“Tell me about a time when you were able to motivate an unhappy co-worker”
|My hiring papers!|
|Your future H&M Handbook|
|How I dressed for work: First two Jackets H&M, Right:Brooklyn Industries jacket, Zara Pant, Gap Shoe|
|H&M gave us employees free shirts launching the new website|
|I cut the sleeves for an edgy look!|
This week, I’ve been lucky enough to attend the Greatest Interview Ever hosted by none other than H&M.
To keep the integrity of the interview, I’ll share a brief overview of what I’ve encountered. Otherwise, here is the 411 on interviewing with H&M
This is your first encounter. You’ll be asked questions based on your online application, work experience and history, store volume, etc. At the end of the interview, you may either here the famous FAIL phrase: “We’ll reach out to you for a date” or PASS with “when will you be available this/next week”.
Here you’ll discuss your resume, and live examples of potential work scenarios. There may be two hiring managers. One focused more on generic questions and the other taking notes. Towards the end, you may sign off on a background check and be notified of a potential follow up interview if you pass.
This is where it gets exciting. There will be 4 activities lasting 20 minutes with a small group of other applicants and 6 Managers who have traveled the country and world working with H&M. You’ll be seated in a room that has dope titles such as “Moscow” and “Argentina” for example. Snacks will be bowled all for the taking. Do NOT be shy, it’s all for you. Although a lengthy process, I have never been so intrigued and overwhelmed from an interview by a retail company. If you’re accustomed to the classic “What do you do when…”, be prepared for the actual “do when… During this portion of the interview, you’ll be doing a LOT of sweating, and moving so you may be asked to dress comfortably. Do just that.
To keep the integrity of the interview, I won’t share the EXACT details of what activities but I assure you, be yourself, be respectful, and I assure you, as much as it may seem, this is 100% NOT A COMPETITION. Try your best to use team work. Every single activity will show who you truly are in the heat of the moment, during stressful situations, and evaluate how you interact with your partners.
I’m not sure what my results are but despite the potential outcome, I’ve learned a great deal of who I am through this experience. Here are a few ideas of what to wear if you’re having any trouble!
|Nadia of NAC Styles|
|Aimee Song from Song Of Style|
Click here to find out how it ended!
How did your experience go??
Some folks may not know…
|My silly uncle Keith and his two sons Brandon (left) and Jr (right)|
|My Grandpa McPhoy with his handsome legacy|
|My Mommy and Grandfather at a family picnic|
|My Big cousin Omar who ZAc can’t help but listen to 🙂|
|My cousin in Law Adrian and Zachary’s favorite cousin Kyla!!!|
|Zac’s God Father Uncle NICK!!!!|
|My DEAREST Uncle Neil and mi favorito Merisa|
|A throwback of my Lisa (left) and Merisa (right) 2007|
|Mommy and the Zacster|
|Zara Combination Heels|
|Gap Hat, Zara Peacoat, Zara Blucher shoe, H&M Leatherette Jeans|
|Funny Faces at lunch time|
|MAJOR sale shopping at H&M|
|Awkward moments during shoot time… I’m the worst!|
|Me: Zara Vamp Heels, Levi Legging Jeans, Forever 21 Studded Top, Urban Outfitter Blazer, Zara Parka Jacket|
|Follow her on instagram @Medousv|